Peach Ice Box Cake (Gluten and Dairy Free)
Have you ever had an icebox cake? They are so easy to make and no bake, which is wonderful this time of year when it's 100 degrees outside! You can make many different variations of Ice Box Cakes, strawberry and chocolate seem to be very popular flavors. Recently I was craving a peach dessert and I decide to experiment with making a peach ice box cake for my weekly summer girls night. I made it gluten and dairy free so everyone could enjoy it and will definitely be making this again!
Peach Ice Box Cake ( Gluten and Dairy Free)
1 package gluten free vanilla sandwich cookies
1 15 oz. can peaches in juice drained
1 container SoDelicous CoCowhip thawed ( you can use whip cream or cool whip )
1) Place a single layer of the vanilla sandwich cookies in the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish.
2) Top with 1/2 the can of peaches, make sure you spread the peaches out so each serving will get some!
3) Spread 1/2 of the container of the coco whip evenly over the cookies and peaches.
4) Repeat steps 1-3 saving a few cookies to sprinkle on the top for decoration.
5) Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight before serving. The longer it sits the softer the cookies will become and the juice from the peaches will incorporate into the cookies.
* Note *
Kinnikinnick, Kroger Simple Truth brand, and Wal- Mart all have gluten free vanilla sandwich cookies. They all vary in the amount of cookies in the package, If you have a smaller amount of cookies it's okay to leave the crushed cookies off the top or also break the cookies in half so they fit in the pan evenly. It will still taste great once all the ingredients set together!
Can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 days.