Peanut Butter Walnut Blondies
I am a blondie person, my sister is a brownie person. I appreciate brownies but I have always preferred my soft and gooey treats sans chocolate. My sister likes to experiment with many different brownie recipes. Right now she is on the hunt for the best paleo brownie. I decide to join in on her experiment, but make mine blondies. I love adding walnuts to baked goods. One of my favorite desserts of all time is the Walnut Maple Blondie from Applebee's. Super fancy, I know. I haven't been able to have that treat in seven years, but I still think about it! They bring out the blondie sizzling on a small cast iron skillet and top it with vanilla ice cream and a warm maple sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
I may try to recreate that dessert one day, but for now these dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free blondies are a great replacement for me. They have that soft texture I was looking for and taste great with a scoop of dairy free ice cream on top! If you have some whipped maple butter from Trader Joe's on hand I bet that would be wonderful drizzled on top!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup organic peanut butter oil free ( I used Simple Truth brand from Kroger the only ingredients are peanuts and salt )
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1) Pre-heat oven to 350.
2) Use parchment paper to line an 8x8 pan.
3) In a large bowl crack the egg and whisk well. Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, sea salt, baking soda and stir until ingredients are well combined.
4) Gently fold in the chopped walnuts.
5) Pour the batter into the lined baking dish. The batter will be thick so you will need to spread it with a spatula until it is even.
6) Bake for 18-20 minus until the top is golden brown. Allow the blondies to cool completely before cutting or removing from pan or they will start to crumble.
Place blondies in an air tight container or cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. I think they taste best right out of the fridge with a little scoop of dairy free ice cream on top!