6 large eggs
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cracked pepper
1 zucchini thinly sliced
1 small tomato diced
1/2 cup of frozen kale ( I ran mine under warm water for a minute while in a colander and then squeezed it dry by pushing a spatula against the kale and the side of the colander)
1/2 tsp dry basil
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 and spray a 9 inch pie pan with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2) In a large bowl crack the 6 eggs, add the 1 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and whisk until fully incorporated and fluffy.
3) Place the defrosted and dried kale in the bottom of the pan.
4) Pour the egg mixture over the kale.
4) Arrange the thinly sliced zucchini over the top of the egg mixture, and then top with the diced tomatoes. Sprinkle the 1/2 tsp of dried basil evenly over the top.
5) Bake for 20-30 minutes until the center is set.
This keeps up to 4 days in the refrigerator covered and reheats well in the microwave for an easy breakfast!
Post a Comment