Four Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
I had my first version of these cookies years ago when my friend Vanessa brought them to our cooking club. She told us all they were gluten and dairy free and everyone was able to eat them! I made them at home the next day. Over the years I swapped out the brown sugar for coconut sugar, and added mini Enjoy Life Dairy Free Chocolate Chips to the cookies, or melted the chocolate to dip the cookies in. This extra step takes them from peanut butter cookies to chocolate peanut butter cookies, and what is better than PB and chocolate?! I love that these cookies can be made with ingredients I usually have in my pantry and can meet the dietary restrictions of most of my guests. It's a good recipe to have on hand for a last minute dessert or treat.
1 cup creamy peanut butter ( it needs to be very well stirred if it is an oil free peanut butter, for these cookies I like to use Skippy Natural Peanut Butter)
1 cup coconut or brown sugar
optional- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips to mix in or to melt and dip the cookies in you will need
1 tsp coconut oil
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2) In a mixer with the paddle attachment mix the peanut butter, coconut sugar and egg until well incorporated, about 1 minute. You also can mix by hand, just make sure that the sugar is well incorporated with the peanut butter so your cookies do not turn out grainy. If you want peanut butter chocolate chip cookies stir in 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips by hand.
3) Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and place on the cookie sheet. With the back of a fork make two indentions in the top of the cookies to flatten them.
4) Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly brown. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
5) If you did not add the chocolate chips to the dough and want to dip the cookies, melt the chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil ( this is optional but give the chocolate a shine and helps it to set). Dip each cookie halfway in the chocolate mixture and place back on the parchment paper to set.
Store the cookies at room temperature for 4 days, or in the fridge for a week. I like them cold!
Post a Comment