Simple Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
I have always loved carving pumpkins, but only because I could get the seeds out of it and roast them! Have you ever had homemade roasted pumpkin seeds? They are so much better than any you can buy in a package at the store. They taste especially delicious right out of the warm oven! You can add other spices to your pumpkin seeds before roasting but I've always preferred the simple taste of olive oil and salt. It reminds me of my childhood and carving pumpkins as a family!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
* Seeds from inside pumpkin, rinsed in a colander to remove pulp and dried on a sheet pan overnight
*1-2 TBSP olive oil
*1 tsp sea salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Place parchment paper on a large sheet pan.
3. Arrange pumpkin seeds on the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil ( about 1 TBSP per cup of seeds) and salt.
4. Roast for 30 minutes and check for color, they should be slightly browned. Cook another 5 minutes at a time until roasted to your liking. I prefer mine a little darker in color.
These keep in an air-tight container on the counter for two weeks but mine never last that long before we eat them!
Post a Comment