Gluten Free Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Two Ways
I have had a lot of fun experimenting with my new air fryer I bought on amazon prime day. I was hoping to use it to make easy meals for lunch when we didn't have leftovers on hand. I can't make things easy and just make one type of chicken tender at a time so I made two! The first one is more traditional using Trader Joe's new gluten free rice crumbs. The texture of the exterior is so crispy from the ground rice! These were a hit with my husband and son, who if they chose to could eat a normal gluten filled chicken tender.
The second version features one of my favorite treats, Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips! These chips are made with Cassava flour and taste very similar to corn based tortilla chips, but without the grain for those who can't have corn. I never know what to do with the end of the bag of these chips when there are little pieces and now I have a fun new chicken tortilla chicken tender I can make!
Both of these recipes were made in the air fryer and haven't been tested in the oven. From prior experience with making chicken tenders in the oven, I think you could make these in the oven but they will not be as crispy, and probably a little soggy on one side. The picture below is using the Siete Grain Free Chips!
12 chicken tenders
1 cup of Trader Joe's Rice Crumbs or Siete Tortilla chips crumbled into small pieces
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 eggs beaten
1) Pre- heat air fryer for 3 minutes to 400 degrees
2) In a small dish crack the two eggs and beat them with a fork until mixed
3) In another small dish pour your choice of breading, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder
4) Dip each chicken finger in the egg mixture and then the crumb mixture, set each chicken tender on a plate while the air fryer pre-heats
5) Depending on the size of your air fryer (mine is a Ninja and fits six chicken tenders at a time) place the chicken tenders in batches in the air fryer basket. Spray the tenders with olive oil spray and cook at 400 for 5 minutes, flip and spray the other side with olive oil spray, and cook for another 5 minutes at 400 or until chicken reaches a temp of 165.
I usually put my oven on 200 and place the chicken tenders on a sheet pan to keep them warm and crispy while I cook the rest of the chicken.
Serve with ketchup, barbecue sauce, or I even like them with guacamole!
(These are the new rice crumbs from Trader Joe's)
Post a Comment